Hell's Gate Tour
“The only man I envy is the man who has not yet been to Africa – for he has so much to look forward to.” Richard Mullin
3 Days Hells Gate
Hell’s Gate National Park is situated in the environs of Lake Naivasha about 90 Kilometers from Nairobi. It was opened in February 1984. The Park is situated 14 Kilometers after the turnoff from the old Nairobi – Naivasha highway. Hell’s Gate or Njorowa Gorge is situated in Nakuru District, Rift Valley Province, covering an Area of 68 square Kilometers. Hell’s Gate National Park is accessible via tarmac road from Nairobi. (90 Kilometers) via Naivasha Town on the Lake Road South at a Junction 5 Kilometers south of Naivasha. Hell’s Gate National Park provides variety of wildlife, unusual flora and many species of birds and is one of the two only Kenyan Parks where Climbing,Walking and Biking are allowed. Covered by ashes from the Longonot eruption which occurred 100 years ago, the Park is famous for its geothermal station, Lower Gorge and spectacular sceneries (cliffs, volcanoes, gorges, geothermal steam). Hell’s Gate National Park is characterized by diverse topography and geological scenery It is an important home of the lammergeyer. Hell’s Gate has two gates that are used by visitors – the main Elsa Gate and the Olkaria Gate. The latter also serves the Olkaria Geothermal Station that is located inside the National Park.
All our safari can be customized to meet our client needs.
You will be warmly received at the airport and have a brief discussion about your safari. You will be introduced to your driver who will drive you to Hell’s Gate. Along the way, you will have a stop over to view the breath taking scenery of Great Rift Valley. You will arrive in time to have a leisurely lunch at Naivasha Kongoni Lodge Later in the afternoon, you will depart to Hell’s Gate, one of Kenya’s smaller national parks, which can be explored on foot. A game walk or bicycle ride amid gracefully grazing gazelles, larger antelopes, buffaloes, Zebras and Giraffe is a delightful experience. You will also enjoy a Spectacular Hell’s gate Gorge walk before returning to lodge for overnight.
Day 2: Lake Naivasha
After breakfast you will Take a boat-ride to explore Lake Naivasha as you view Hippos and the exotic birds. This shall be followed by a walking safari on the crescent Island where you view Buffalo, Waterbuck, Antelope, Giraffes, Zebra among others. Return to the lodge for lunch, check out and depart for Nairobi, Marking the end of the tour.
Popular Optional Accommodations
- Park fees(For non-residents)
- Gorilla permits(One per person, non-resident)
- Chimp permits(One per person, non-resident)
- All activities(Unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation(Unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation(Unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals(As specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water(On all days)
- International flights(From/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips(Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items(Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees